Were you able to obtain a second passport and citizenship and wondered one day if you can get a second passport? Yes, you can, but this is limited to certain cases, we will inform you of them in case you want to obtain a second passport.
Traveling with more than one passport in your pocket seems like a luxury, but it’s also a bewildering thing. A passport is not just a movie ticket that gives you the right to visit, live or work in a country. As a citizen, he needs to make sure that his movements do not disturb the authorities of the countries he chooses to go to.
While obtaining multiple passport with dual citizenship is a good option, it is an expensive process that takes years to complete. But getting two passports from the same country can be a more easily achieved goal.
The first “primary” passport is valid for 10 years, while the secondary passport is only valid for up to four years.
Cases of obtaining a second passport
- You can get a secondary passport if there are certain seals in your passport that prevent you from entering another country. Passport stamps from a particular country may be paid for travelers of countries with which that country does not have diplomatic relations. In this case, providing evidence of previous travel stamps to the banning country and completing an application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may be sufficient to secure a second passport.
- If the visa process has been disrupted by an embassy or consulate due to major delays, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can issue a second passport, if the citizen has to travel immediately. In this case, an immediate itinerary and a detailed letter describing visa delays are required with the completed application.
- If you do not qualify for a second passport, and do not hold the citizenship of another country, some countries may grant citizenship, or passports, to wealthy foreigners. For example: Countries such as: Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada and Malta allow citizenship through investment. It is the cheapest passport and second citizenship , available from Dominica, where instant citizenship is available with an investment of $ 100,000.
How to get a second passport
- For most countries, an application is required, along with a letter stating why the second passport is needed.
- Proof of travel plans, such as providing a booked flight itinerary.
- Obtaining supporting documents from your employer if the travel is related to work can help.
Benefits of a second passport
- If you travel frequently internationally, the second passport will help you when obtaining visas, as you are required to present a valid passport with the visa application.
- Having a second passport means you can continue to travel while you wait for the original at the embassy.
- If your travel plans include politically sensitive countries, your new passport will help.
- If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter the United States, you will have to apply for it before you go if your passport has stamps from Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen. Therefore, the second passport will benefit you.
- The second passport will benefit you in light of the development of the political climate in the Spratly Islands dispute, the controversy between China and Taiwan, or any number of African border issues.
Countries that grant a second passport
- Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and the United States.
- While Italy and Switzerland issue second passports to citizens who have valid conditions, they will not formally allow only one travel at any time.
- Malaysia issues a second passport only for business travel, not for personal leisure travel.
- In Canada, a second short-term passport can be issued, but this is only for citizens who do business in Arab countries.
- Some countries issue a second passport, but only for diplomatic purposes.
- India normally allows diplomatic passport to be issued for a specific job assignment.
Although the process may not seem simple, you will find many nationalities companies in Dubai. They can help you complete the procedures and clarify all the legal details. Make sure to choose the best nationalities company in Dubai .