Owing to a clean, white pearly set of teeth, of course, is a refreshing matter. After undergoing the teeth whitening procedure in London, your improved appearance will be appreciated. However, along with time shine, paleness and whiteness fade. Actually, make ensure to offer additional effort to retain the whiteness for long.
This blog deals with the relevant tips and ongoing dental hygiene to prolong the treatment in the long haul.
What do you actually mean by tooth whitening?
Tooth whitening is a unique cosmetic procedure for lightening the teeth’s natural color by removing the yellowish (pellicle) from its surface. Though it is unable to change the natural teeth color completely; yet highly effective for lightening existed natural shade.
Who are teeth whitening eligible?
Remember the teeth’ s natural colors vary from person-to-person. The harsh truth is that there is no person with a pure pearly white set of teeth. Moreover, numerous lifestyle choices including pigmented beverages and foods, medications and smoking can discolor it.
Whilst finding some effective ays for minimizing the effects of such objects causing teeth to stain, you should visit a cosmetic dentist to obtain the professional teeth whitening.
Potential causes result in teeth staining
Several reasons are resulting in informing of yellowish tinge or teeth staining. Amongst them, the major culprits are the consumption of tobacco products and cigarette smoking. Certain medications aging is also some common causes of teeth discoloration.
Teeth stain too causes from the food choices you make. Potential food options which stain the teeth greatly are mentioned below :
- Red Wine
- Black Tea
- Tomato-based sauces and dishes
- Juices, snow cones, and slushies with added food color
- Candies and chocolates
By minimizing their consumption or mouth rinsing every time after having them can prevent in retaining the teeth’s natural whiteness. It cannot penetrate the teeth surface enough for reaching the yellowish dentin layer underlying the enamel.
Various options for teeth whitening treatment
In terms of comfort and budget, two teeth whitening treatments are offered by us. In-office teeth whitening procedure is performed by Philips Zoom! whitening solution for brightening the teeth up to 8 shades within some hours. A patented LED lamp and custom – made trays are used by Zoom for teeth re-shining in just 3 sessions of 15-minute each.
However, if you wish to go with the DIY whitening procedure we offer at-home option too. You can use that for a few weeks at home to obtain a noticeable outcome. If possible take proper care of the whiteness then it will last for long despite the selected treatment option.
Effective ways to maintain the whitening outcome
Never let your smile pale and fade once you are done with brightening and whitening. Follow the below tips to extend the result’s durability :
- Maintain good and proper oral health:- As per medical experts, cosmetic dentistry improves the smile significantly. But this does ‘ t mean that you don ‘ t have to visit your general of a dentist for a routine check-up closeup Anymore. To prevent the teeth from further damage, you should entertain routine check-up. Ongoing care is really needed to get rid of bacteria, plaque, and debris.
- Practice effective oral hygiene:- Brushing should be done twice a day – once after waking up in the morning and once before your bedtime. To obtain the best results, brushing is recommended after every snack and meal as it dims the staining procedure and lasts the teeth bleaching treatment for long. Flossing is also essential once a day for removing the plaque stuck within gumline and teeth. You should brush the teeth with the help of whitening toothpaste.
- Cut off the consumption of stain-causing foods:- Widely, foods create a great impact in staining the teeth. Therefore, if you truly want to maintain the natural whiteness, then you must cut off the stain-causing foods like berries, tomato sauce, curry-based dishes and much more. Instead of cutting them off entirely from the diet chart, brushing is recommended after enjoying any such dishes. This expands the lifespan of teeth’s natural color.
- Abstain from enjoying strainers:- Several drinks are there like red wine, coffee, soda, and fruit juices can cause teeth staining. You should abstain from drinking these but if you can ‘ t then use a straw to enjoy as it will alleviate the chance of staining. If the drink is too potential, brushing is recommended right afterward to maintain the sparkling teeth.
- Floss your teeth every day:- Flossing is essential as it ensures your mouth health along with the appearance of the smile. Learn the proper techniques of flossing to resist gum damage and the emergence of cavities.
- Avoid taking tobacco products and smoking:- Smoking and chewing of tobacco products stain teeth as it releases a specific chemical compound in the mouth. It instantly discolors your teeth even on completion of treatment just a few hours before. So, quit these poor habits completely as once it gets re-stained brushing cannot remove the yellow pellicle either.
- Improved the brushing habits:- Brushing habits must be improved with the right choice of toothpaste as it will promote the efficacy of flossing on a daily basis too. Stuck food particles and debris within the teeth result in it staining and potentially damaging. So, brushing should be done at least twice a day to keep the whiteness perfect in the long run. It will do so by eliminating plaque build-up and potential bacteria from the mouth.
- Drink plenty of water:- Water is the best companion to maintain proper dental hygiene. It effectively acts in flushing out the bacteria which may result in plaque build-up in – between and after meals. By hydrating the cells and tissue, it keeps the working ability of the immune system perfect. As a result, the rate of bacteria build-up can be reduced to a great extent.
- Receive the touch up at a fixed interval of time:- Touch-ups are needed once every six months or a year. It is considered as a major section of proper maintenance of teeth whitening treatment. Consult with the dentist to come to know the frequency of the requirement of touch-ups.
- Consult with the dentist prior to perform any additional dental treatments:- Depending on the dental whitening product kind used, visit the dentist at a regular time interval for treatment update. It will not take much time and on the other hand, it expands the impact of deep cleaning service. The dentist will check whether you need it or not depending on the procedure type you performed.
Before using any OTC (over-the-counter) teeth whitening items, speak up with dentist of teeth whitening in Central London to raise the cosmetic dentistry concerns. After an extensive issue assessment, the dentist will select a suitable whitening item and procedures. It will let in obtaining the sparkling dazzling smile within a short time span. Moreover, you should adhere to the above – mentioned tips strictly for prolonging the impact of whitening treatment as well.