An exploratory essay is basically a short work of non-fiction, in which the writer evaluates a problem or walks through an idea or experience in order to pen them down in his/her own words. Well, even though the task might appear to be easy, the bigger picture tells us a different story altogether. There are several aspects to meet and criticalities to acknowledge, other than merely evaluating the primary topic or the idea behind the exploratory subject matter.
From coming with the right hook for the introductory note to framing the perfect essay conclusion, there are several areas to priorities. Now, that you are eager to know how to master the art of exploratory essay writing, invest some time in reading this blog and nail your next essay assignment like a boss.
Here you go!
1. Focus on the aspect of topic development
First things first, you must develop the right exploratory essay topic. Unless you have a perfectly developed essay topic to proceed with, you will not be able to go about the final draft
seamlessly. So, lay focus on the following suggestions and know-how to come up with the right topic and analytical slants for exploratory essays.
- Practice free writing. You can simply write down whatever comes to your mind and arrange the same in a structured order.
- Once you are successful in jotting down the points that come to your mind, you will naturally get a roadmap for the ideas you would portray or the problems you would analyze in the paper.
- Now, move on to the segment of analyzing research slants associated with the potential topic.
- Never pick overly controversial subject matters to talk about or discuss.
- In an exploratory essay, you must take stances with an aim to delve deeper into the primary context of the discussion.
- Unless you would do that, your work won’t be entertained on the grounds of academic excellence by any means.
2. Frame the right introductory note in your mind
Now that you know how to develop the essay topic, plan the right introductory note and initiate the task of essay writing with a bang. Remember, you got to be absolutely careful here in this context. The introduction of an essay, especially of an exploratory essay holds a lot of significance in terms of presenting the crux of the matter, introducing the primary point of analysis, and more.
So, refer to the following tips and know-how to frame an impressive introductory note for your exploratory essay topic.
- Introduce the central theme of the essay and the analytical facet associated with the topic.
- Now, talk about the ideas you would introduce in order to analyze the problem and walk through the evaluations in a strategic manner.
- Remember, the introductory note should be rationally accepted across all academic sub-disciplines and research slants.
- Focus on the aspect of initiating the essay with a fascinating story or a couple of intriguing questions.
- The idea is to talk about the primary/focal point of the essay with an aim to lay stress on the exploratory or evaluative goals of the essay.
3. Accumulate all essential research findings
Once you are done framing the introductory note, it’s time to come up with the body paragraphs. But, prior to that, you must leave no stone unturned to gather all critical research findings related to the topic.
Take note of the suggestions below and know how to go about the process of exploratory research finding.
- Closely analyze the subject matter and mark your research type or the methodology you would follow in the main body paragraphs.
- Refrain from picking narrow research ideas or looking for overly backdated information, which is not relevant to the primary topic of the discussion.
- Do not trust random virtual forums or research platforms to seek analytical insights.
- Try to opt for reputable ones such as Google Scholar, Semantic Scholar, Research Gate, and the likes.
4. Now, draft your body paragraphs accordingly
In an exploratory essay, body paragraphs should serve the purpose of answering each of the following questions.
- What all critical information did you find in the source associated with the problem?
- Was the information or the research details successful in stating all needful solutions to the problems?
- What are your personal introspections on how the source has helped you or allowed you to think differently about the given set of problems or the central issue?
Once you have clear and concise answers to each of the questions, as mentioned above, simply jot them down in a well-referenced manner, and voila! You have the perfectly written body paragraphs for the exploratory essay topic.
5. Come up with a constructively compelling conclusion
The exploratory essay conclusion is a tad different than other essay genres. Since this particular essay type mostly focuses on evaluations and close analysis of problems, you must conclude your observations in a constructive manner.
Simply try and abide by the following tips while concluding the paper.
- Restate the problems you explored.
- Outline and highlight some of its key problems.
- Discuss every other research slant or problems which would still want to put across.
- Explain why you still have questions or doubts regarding the given topic.
- Add up a couple of thought-provoking slants and suggest alternative research avenues to your readers.
Let me feel safe to assume that the blog will help you to go about the task of exploratory essay writing seamlessly. In case, you would still find the exercise way too overwhelming, harness the potential of digital advancements and look for sample essays and customized specimens in order to develop further insights.
So, take note of each of the essential strategies that would allow you to come up with the finest of all exploratory essays, lay focus on the crux of the matter and win overall academic challenges like a pro.