As I think about the start of my professional career (who doesn’t love to reminisce?) I can’t help recalling all the different types of professional development training I have received:
- Instructor-led training
- Conference calls
- Printed material
- Web-based training
- The classic one-on-ones
- Articles forwarded to me by a manager… And so on…
Each style of training bought its own rewards (and challenges). Each one had its place depending on the decade, and some still do. In fact, if you’re doing something to help develop professional skills in your organization, you’re better off than most.
But we also need to improve the way we train and continue to add value as learners and technology change. How can training be more efficient? More effective? How can we take what we’ve got and make it better? How can we be more innovative?
Speaking of an all-in-one solution, video-based Microlearning has shown us it’s able to overcome the challenges faced by traditional training methods, align to today’s technology and appeal to the modern learners.
Here are the top 5 Benefits of Online Video Microlearning:
1. It’s On Demand. Learners get to choose when they learn and what they need to learn. Learning is made available and pulled when the learner needs it.
2. It’s Mobile. Technology has advanced and our connectively has increased dramatically. In todays modern workplace, Microlearning allows us to learn anytime, anywhere, on any device.
3. It’s Video Based. Increasingly, I find myself running (or should that be surfing) to YouTube to find answers. I’m not alone in this. The modern learner wants to learn in the moment, on demand. They want to watch a video, get what they need, and implement.
4. It’s Micro. I know, it’s kind of obvious (it’s in the name). But seriously, making content micro also makes it extremely efficient. No fluff, just the need-to-know information. No time wasted.
5. It Increases Your ROI. Research has shown that elearning will save an organization 50% when compared to ILT. IBM released a report stating for every $1 the company spends, they can expect to receive $30 of productively by utilizing elearning. As a trainer, manager, business owner there’s no denying that with those figures, it makes sense.
Tweet us your favorite benefit of microlearning @learn_loft.
If you have team members and want to quickly an easily distribute training to your team sign up for your free LearnLoft Account. Get a Loft. Train Your Team. See Results.
Download LearnLoft’s, “Guide to the Future of Online Learning” Here
Want to Test Drive the Platform and Develop your Leadership Skills? Sign up for our FREE Leadership Development Program, where you can test your leadership knowledge, learn tips and tricks in Microlearning format, and engage with other leaders. The program becomes available on December 1st, and is limited to the first 500 sign ups.